Making the decision to get treatment for a mental health or addiction concern is a brave step. At Maple Heights Behavioral Health in Fort Wayne, Indiana, we want to make sure that the process of starting your healing journey is as seamless as possible.
What to Bring
Knowing what to expect when starting treatment is important in helping prevent feelings of nervousness or stress. The team at our treatment center in Fort Wayne, Indiana, aims to provide you with all the information you need so that you can be prepared as you begin your treatment process.
When you come to our treatment center, you should bring the following items to ensure a smooth transition to care:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card
- List of any current treatment providers
- List of phone numbers for important contacts
The following list outlines the clothing we recommend that you bring with you. Please note that no clothing or footwear can have strings.
- Five pairs of pants or shorts
- Five shirts
- Seven pairs of underwear
- Two sweatshirts or hoodies
- Three bras that do not have underwire
- Seven pairs of socks
- One pair of slippers
- Two pairs of pajamas
Additional notes for clothing include the following:
- Clothing must be in good condition, meaning that items must not have any holes or tears.
- All clothing must be clean.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be at least fingertip-length.
- Shorts must be worn under dresses or skirts.
- No sagging pants are allowed.
- Belts are not allowed.
- It is expected that weather-appropriate clothing will be worn when going outdoors.
- All clothing must provide full coverage.
If you bring any inappropriate clothing or clothing that does not meet these requirements, our team will mark the items with your name and store them for your family to pick up. If no one is available to pick up the items, we will keep them stored and return them to you when you are discharged.
What Not to Bring
It is of the utmost importance that we ensure the safety of all patients and staff at our treatment center. For this reason, at our Fort Wayne mental health treatment center, we cannot allow patients to bring the following items:
- Weapons of any kind
- Glass items
- Any items that have a cord
- Flat irons, curling irons, and hair dryers
- Shaving kits, razors, and trimmers
- Belts, strings, and ties
- Sharp items (including things like staples and paper clips)
- Clothing that contains drug, alcohol, satanic, violent, gang-related, or sexual themes
- Electronics (including cellphones)
We also do not allow patients to bring any hygiene products. Again, this is solely for safety purposes. We will provide all necessary hygiene items for our patients.
We know that the requirements we have for what to bring and what not to bring may seem overwhelming and confusing. We want you to be comfortable and have a thorough understanding of why we have these rules, so if you have any questions about these guidelines, we encourage you to contact our team.
The staff members at our Fort Wayne, Indiana, treatment center want to help you make the best decision about where you get treatment. If there is anything we can do to help you, we hope that you will reach out to us. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our caring and compassionate team members can answer any questions you have about our programming options, what to expect while you are in treatment, insurance, and anything else you may want clarity on.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us today.